Join registered dietitian Michelle and mental health clinician Nichola for this 6-week program, developed and shared by the Hamilton Family Health Team.
Who should attend this program?
This program was designed to help those who:
- eat to cope with their emotions;
- are frustrated that dieting does not work for them;
- say they are emotional eating;
- eat when they are not hungry; and
- struggle with powerful food cravings.
Why should I attend this program?
Objectives of this group are to:
- help foster a more mindful eating approach while introducing other mindfulness practices for self-care;
- teach participants how to respond to body’s natural hunger and fullness cues;
- improve overall self-care and increase self-compassion;
- uncover problematic eating triggers using self-awareness techniques;
- assist in the management of food cravings;
- create a more positive relationship with food; and
- learn to find the balance of enjoying foods while nourishing the soul.
Class resources for past/present program participants. Password given in program registration package.