Cessation: the fact or process of ending or being brought to an end
The Smoking Cessation Program is a “Stop Study” program run for you on an as needed basis. We partner with CAMH (Centre for Addiction and Mental Health) and the Perth District Health Unit to make this available to you.
Is this program for me?
- Are you a patient of the STAR Family Health Team?
- Are you ready to quit smoking but don’t know where to start?
- Are you in need of a support system?
If you are ready to quit…
The Smoking Cessation Program provides smokers:
- One-on-one cessation intervention with our Public Health Promoter from Huron Perth Public Health who will help smokers identify triggers, set and plan for a quit date, and have the needed support from peers as well as health care providers.
- Initial and follow-up meetings with our Pharmacist who will provide you with free Nicotine Replacement Therapy (NRT) in the form of patches, inhalers, gum, and lozenges, and assists with tips and tricks for beating cravings, what to expect when taking NRT and how to properly use it.